There is now an app for just about anything. The 5 Android apps below will help make the home buying process a little bit easier. From mortgage calculations to moving organization. There’s an app for that!
CMHC Ready Set Home
Ready Set Home [Google Play Link] is a tool to help homebuyers, especially first-time homebuyers, make informed choices when buying a home. Ready Set Home offers tools to guide you to figure out how much you can comfortably afford to spend as well as keep track of all the details during your homebuying process:
– My Profile: Keep track of the properties you are considering (includes a Home Features Checklist) as well as contact information for the professionals who will help you.
– Mortgage Affordability Calculator: Helps you estimate the maximum mortgage you can afford.
– Mortgage Payment Calculator: Helps you find out how much and how often your payment will be.
– Homeowner Household Budget Calculator: Compares your income with your current or planned expenses and debt payments on a monthly basis.
– A variety of articles on various topics related to homebuying as well as planning and managing your mortgage.
– A glossary of the A to Z list of terms you need to know when buying a home.
Here is a video review of the CMHC Ready Set Home iOS App. Features & navigation is exactly the same on Android.REALTOR.ca
REALTOR.ca [Google Play Link] is a free app offered by The Canadian Real Estate Association. It allows users to search for homes and property across Canada and to connect with REALTORS® for more detailed information. The app will even connect you
with a REALTOR to view, buy or sell a property. REALTOR.ca is the most visited real estate website in Canada. The app will provide consumers with the same functionality and detail they get from REALTOR.ca while taking advantage of Android device features such as GPS.
It uses your handlheld’s GPS capabilities to provide search results near your location,whether you’re walking your neighbourhood, out for a Sunday drive, or comparison shopping in a new part of town. Newly listed properties, open
houses with photos, and driving directions are all at your fingertips. Interactive BING mapping is embedded to help you find properties in a specific area.
Verico Mobile Mortgage Calculators
These web based Android mortgage calculators [Android Link] are the most sophisticated and accurate Canadian mortgage calculators available. This tool gives you advanced insight into how much mortgage you may qualify for, what your payments may be, what share of your expenses your mortgage will take up and how much income would be required to afford your dream home.
– Mortgage Payment Calculator
– Purchase Financing Calculator
– Income Qualifier Calculator
– Up to date interest rates
– Amortization tables
– Expense and payment charts
Use Move Tools [Google Play Link] to plan your tasks, pack and organize your stuff, and manage your entire move from start to finish. Say good-bye to the multiple to-do lists or the moving binder, and to sitting in a room full of half-packed boxes with packing labels stuck to your jeans. Move Tools gives you a fresh approach to planning a move; all the resources you need, in one place. And you can customize its features to create the moving experience that’s right for you.
– A week-by-week checklist of moving tasks. Enter your move date and add specific tasks to make a personalized to-do list.
– An interactive packing screen. Go room by room in your house and virtually pack and organize all your stuff.
– Packing labels with box contents. Print packing labels for your moving boxes to easily identify contents of any box without opening it.
– An inventory of your possessions and the boxes in which they are located. Search your inventory to find any item as well as make notes about items, including value as you go.
-Moving tips, interactive articles, and graphics help you deal with many of the challenges of moving.
Google Maps & Street View
Explore new communities and discover local favorites in the area you are looking to buy a new home. With Google Maps Street View [Google Play Link], you can explore the world at street level.
Google Maps with Street View lets you:
– Get where you need to go quickly with voice guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation or try public transit, biking and walking directions
– Find the perfect spot for any occasion with local reviews from trusted friends and experts
– Tour cities with stunning, 360-degree Street View and see inside restaurants, museums and more
– Sign in to save favorite locations, get tailored recommendations, and access past searches across devices