Digg Digg is a great WordPress plug-in that I recently installed on my blog that integrates popular social voted count buttons into your blog posts easily. You’ll notice the Digg Digg buttons displayed to the right of this post.
When you click on either of the buttons it will open a window that will allow you to post a link to the blog post you’re reading your profile or twitter stream. The plug-in will also show a number to visitors the amount of times the article has been tweeted or shared.
I have chosen just to include the Twitter post and Facebook share button because they are two of my favorite Social Media platforms. The plug-in does however feature buttons for many of the lesser known Social Media sites which you may choose to include.
The Digg Digg plugin can be installed directly from your WordPress Plug-in admin panel with one click install or download and upload via FTP [Download Link]. Digg Digg is also very easy to configure. Once activated the buttons will show on your blog without any coding needing to be done with your template.
Digg Digg Features
- Button voted count for Digg, LinkedIn, Reddit, dDone, Twitter, TweetMeme, Topsy, Yahoo Buzz,facebook share, facebook like, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Sphinn, Google Buzz, Designbump, WebBlend, BlogEngage, Serpd and AddThis.
- Facebook Like support multiple languages.
- Rich button layout customization.
- Flexible button display controls.
- Lazy loading to increase website performance.
- Left or right scrolling effect like Mashable.com.
- Support in excerpt mode.
I encourage you to give the Digg Digg plug-in a try if you have a WordPress blog. It’s a great way to help your visitors get the word out about what you’re blogging about. You’ll be surprised at the amount of website traffic that Facebook and Twitter will bring you if you post great content and allow others to share it more easily.